Friday, April 25, 2008

Things that Go Bump in the Night

Lately the things that go bump in the night have been the kids. Natalie woke us up at 1am to report a 'fider' (spider) in her bed. Robbie got up and fluffed her covers a bit and she crawled back in and went back to sleep. I am sure she was dreaming. I don't think she actually saw a spider. When asked about it the next morning she had no clue what we were talking about.

As I was rolling over in bed last night I caught a glimpse of someone laying in the doorway to our bedroom. It was Andy! His head was in our room, his feet in the hallway. I poked Robbie to let him have a look and asked him to pick Andy up and put him in his bed. Andy must have been awake because he piped up at this point and said that he'd been dreaming of scary things and didn't want to go back to his bed. So, into our bed he crawled. When he woke up this morning I asked what he'd dreamed about. He asked if I knew 'that dog' from Scooby Doo. I said, "Yes, I know the dog on Scooby Doo." He said, "Well, he climbed up in a tree and turned all evil." So, this was the reason I had Andy kicking me half the night. An evil Scooby Doo was in a tree and about to get him.

Key's funny wasn't associated with bed, night time or dreams. I went with his class to Gatti Town today. Gatti Town is an upscale Chuck E Cheese. He and a friend decided to ride the bumper cars, something Key has never done before. He was so excited. He ran to the back and got on a car. I got out my camera and started snapping away. He finally made his way to the fence where I was standing. I just knew he was going to tell me how much fun he was having. As soon as we made eye contact he screamed, "GET ME OFF THIS THING!" So much for bumper cars!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Funny funny! You have the sweetest kids! I love all your wonderful stories. Thanks again for all the help with my kids. I know it couldn't have been easy! Love you tons!